Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Unmistakable Tones

As I listen to the unmistakable tones of MD trying to savage the bin lorry, that had just upset him, I decide to continue with my ‘front loading’ policy. I need the car in Derby tonight, so I drive to my parents place, leave the car there and run the 5 miles into work. I take it steady and look at the view. L would have been proud of me. That is if she wasn’t too busy trying to outdo me by running to work as well.

As I run back in the opposite direction later, I get caught up by a colleague from work. Blimey I must have been going slowly. Although I suppose he was puffing a bit by the time he caught me. We run together for a while before he turns off to complete the loop back to work whilst I continue down the river.

I hate to say it but Nigel Clough seems to have lost the plot at Derby already. In fact I think he’s beginning to sound a bit like Billy Davies... and I really don’t understand his team selections. That said there’s not a lot he can do about the defence he inherited. We could have been three down inside seven minutes as Reading had the ball in the back of our net that many times but all three efforts were ruled out for offside. In the end we just lost by the mere two goals. I really can’t see us getting any more points this season which means we could go down but that relies on other teams winning all their remaining games which fortunately for Derby looks unlikely to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment