Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Front Loading

Rest day. Red Arrow.

I don’t have Inspector Seyer with me, which is a shame, I could have finished it this morning and it’s got to be better than reading the Metro.

It’s not in the Metro but someone else is discussing what they’ve just read in their paper. Apparently one of the leading champagne producers intends to phase out the traditional cork in its bottles and replace it with a ‘revolutionary’ new aluminium stopper. Well at least they're not going screw top but I hope it’s some kind of wired-on flip top because if it’s just an aluminium ‘cork’, it sounds a bit dangerous. I wouldn't want to get caught in the line of fire of one of those.

As well as front loading the training this week, I’m also front loading the alcohol. I’m out in Derby tonight with a couple of school friends. One of which is a mad keen Derby supporter, much much madder than me and he tries to persuade us to go to the reserve team cup final which is at Pride Park tonight. Derby play Sunderland. He says we might see a win for a change, which I doubt. The other friend says ‘how about another beer and then we’ll go for a pizza’. A much better idea.

Final score: Derby 1 Sunderland 3. So a good call!

No comments:

Post a Comment