Friday, April 24, 2009

Catching Up With Charlie

This morning L swims and cycles, which is basically just rubbing it in, while I take the car and go shopping in Sainsbury’s. Such is life when you’re stuck in the world of tapering but then isn’t this how normal people spend their time.

After the Hellathon tomorrow, if they let me out of A&E, I intend having a few halves of shandy and a curry. We’ve booked a table at a new curry house. I did email some friends of ours last weekend inviting them because L reckoned they wouldn’t be able to resist a posh curry but we’d heard nothing back. Emails can be notoriously slow emerging from the area where he lives, they must have thinner phone lines or something. That is until today, when finally my friend, we'll call him last minute Charlie, manages to make contact asking if they can come too.

Luckily the restaurant isn't fully booked, well they reckon they can find two more chairs from somewhere. They might be in the draft from the door and they might have to have their plates on their knees but it was short notice.

Seriously though, it will be great to catch up on Charlie's news. I have no idea what he's been up since Christmas, where as he doesn't need to ask what I’ve been up to because he just reads this blog. I bet he doesn’t realise that I make it all up and really I sit at home all day.

On the drive home I finish Inspector Sejer. Not one of the best books I’ve ever ‘read’. I have however become a big fan of Sara, who sounds well fruity, and of course, of Coalbag his dog (well that’s what we thought he was called at first but it’s actually Kolberg) despite the fact he’s now had his ‘Marley moment’ and is not longer with us. RIP. Now I’m looking forward to getting back to John Grisham.

I get home and take the boys on the park for an hour. Then its home, where I cook up some energy giving pasta, attempt to be AF and sort my bike out. Then I just need to persuade someone to give me a pre-race massage. L says I can have a pre-race anything, so long as she can have a glass of wine in her hand. Sounds like a deal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment