Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Missing Words

I feel my knees need a rest and I have squash tonight, so I take the bus. It’s packed. Apparently the previous one didn’t turn up. Just for a change.

L’s internet is down and when she finally gets on line her first message is a desperate plea for chocolate. Ah, she must have spent most of the morning on the phone to AOL then.

Once on-line she spots that I made a bit of a mess of Saturday’s blog and tells me that the bit about getting laid needs amending. I don’t remember writing that! On further inspection I think I missed the word ‘back’ out.

Talking of missing words out. I almost ended up with a ticket for the Madina Lake gig that Daughter is going to tonight. Madina Lake are basically another American teen angst band who grew up listening to Green Day but this bunch, oddly, have named themselves after a reservoir. Well I emailed L saying they sounded ‘ok but I’m jealous’, then I realised I’d missed out the vital word ‘NOT’ and almost ended up going by default. Lucky escape, although I’m sure they’ll be very good.

We risk Wetherspoons again for our pub lunch, as we still have the beer vouchers and the food is cheap. Too cheap. Even though we upgrade and pay nearly £4 a meal, it’s still another poor meal and still we get child portions. Can’t see us going again.

I get off the bus and who should walk by but two girls carrying a tree. Happens all the time... It wasn’t a small one either, obviously not a huge oak or anything like that but this was no twig. They also didn’t look like much gardeners. Dressed as they were in short skirts and ankle boots. All very odd. No idea what they were branching out in to.

No comments:

Post a Comment