Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Old Foes

My cycle in today was bloody hard work, in to a head wind all the way. Despite that, I raced two of my old foes up the ‘mountain pass’ between Risley and Borrowash. Then I managed to hang on the 'lead' the rest of the way to work. Smug but knackered now, it'll take more than a bowl of porridge to revive me. It was so Tour de France, not. Still no rain, it must be saving it for my weekend away.

It's mad at work. There's the Easter break coming up and I don't want to leave things half done but everything conspires against me - customers, colleagues, my computer and if anything, things are more unfinished at the end of the day than they were at the start of it.

I work off my frustration on the bike and then in the pool. Then I take both dogs training to work off their own frustrations, if dogs have such things or are they just sent to frustrate us.

Tomorrow we head north for Easter. We are camping, so I assume the rains will finally arrive, and also doing three days at a dog show, in between the usual eating and drinking of course. Back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment