Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dry Run

After a rest yesterday, back on the bike today. I wanted a nice gentle ride, just to keep my legs exercised, so I didn’t want any smart arses annoying me by trying to be clever on a folding bike or anything like that. Thankfully nobody tried to push their luck today. I shall take tomorrow off training, and then hopefully my legs will be for Saturday's fun.

Whilst I’ve been tapering L’s been running almost every day and tomorrow she says she might even get the bike out, mainly because her thighs now ache from all that running. They probably need a good stretch and leg stretches are my speciality. I gallantly offer to give her thighs some special attention tonight.

She also been thinking about my race preparation and has a new pre-race pudding in mind. So tonight we're having a dry run with it because you can't be too careful with race preparation, you shouldn't eat anything you're not used to, the night before a race. She promises that if it’s any good, we can have it again tomorrow and if it’s not we'll have bog standard crumble, just to be on the safe side. She's being very modest, there’s nothing bog standard about L’s legendary crumble.

In the evening we drag Son kicking and screaming to a presentation on going to University. He claims he already knows it all but if he did then he’d have told us all about it and he hasn’t. You know how teenagers love to tell you everything...

It’s not like I've not got better things to do as well, particularly as I'm expecting it to be rather dull and boring but if you don’t go, you don’t find out. So I’d given up both squash and dog training for this, so can’t see why Son should escape. We’d have looked at bit daft without him; everyone else had a Son or Daughter with them.

In the end it was actually rather good; L and I are both on the verge of signing up for a course. Even I learnt a few things and I’ve been researching University on the kids behalf ever since they were both in junior school, as well as having gone through it all myself. All we need to do now, or rather what Son needs to do, is discover a subject to study and where he wants to study it.

No comments:

Post a Comment