Thursday, April 16, 2009

Too Many Bottles Of Moisturiser

As I cycle to work this morning another cyclist pulls level with me and strikes up a conversation. My initial thoughts are of embarrassment when I notice that he’s caught me up on a MTB. Then after we've exchanged a few pleasantries, I recognise him. I’m sure he used to have a racer. The poor chap, it must be in for a service and he’s had to borrow his wife’s MTB. No, he corrects me; he’s just bought it, so that he can use the path down by the river as a short cut. Which is all fair enough but it still doesn't explain how come he caught me up on it. A few minutes later the heavens open and I make my apologies to stop in a bus shelter to get my wet weather gear on.

I get to work to find out, to my surprise, that L has also been on two wheels today. She didn't pick a good day for it and she didn’t have wet weather gear with her either. So she had that horrible experience of having to put wet stuff back on again after she’d been to the gym. She’s obviously carrying around too many bottles of moisturiser and the like and not enough kit.

Apparently a parish council in Essex wants potholes left unfilled to act as a natural traffic calming measure. Oooh can you imagine the court cases but I think they're bluffing and it's worked because the county council has now promised to fill all their holes in asap.

After work I head across to my parents place by bike, where L meets me with the dogs, so that I can take MD for a new training session that’s started up on a Thursday. At the same time, she takes Doggo for a run along the canal. Only I hadn’t checked my home emails today and our session had been cancelled. Well at least L and Doggo got a run out of it. I also got a long bike session because I then have to bike home.

No comments:

Post a Comment