Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Son’s In General

I take the boring and lazy way to work today, as I have to do a bit of jetting around, and drive in. I rush back from work for a meeting with a chap about a paltry investment I have, otherwise known as my pension, which prompts L to book a cinema trip with Daughter so that she can be out of the house whilst the odious beast is being fed (note: odious beast being her term for all things financial). Then I dash to the pool for a swim before coming home again to start work on reconstructing Son’s computer. I’ve finally managed to source a new motherboard for him. Daughter has been getting increasingly desperate because ever since his PC has been out of action he’s been downstairs monopolising the TV, which is her job. So she’ll be thrilled if I can get it working.

Talking of Son’s in general, today it is in the news that a third of grown men live with their parents. I suppose the parents should see it as a compliment, they must all be so contented but I don’t think this is a new thing. I would say that ratio wouldn’t have been far wrong when I was 20. I could name quite people I know who were still home at 30. L and I have a strategy to hopefully avoid this, move house. Then if either of the kids want to stay home they’ll have to come with us and our sort of location isn’t really going to be their sort of location.

I have to break off from the ‘surgery’ on his PC to take Doggo to class and then I return to finish it off. Reloading Windows and all its updates naturally takes ages, until about 1.30am actually but at least it’s sorted now.

No comments:

Post a Comment