Monday, February 09, 2009

Not Fair Play

With the school unexpectedly shut on Friday, this morning we were hurriedly checking various websites, the school, the council, the local BBC one but helpfully nothing seems to have been updated since Friday afternoon. Radio Nottingham promised to read out the list of school closures but by the time they got around to reading out the mammoth list of three schools, it was 7:55, by which time anyone waiting for the bulletin was going to be late for school anyway. The school as it turns out was open.

Whilst doing my usual Monday lunch time shop in Sainsbury's, a girl and I both dive for the same queue. I'm annoyed but I have to grudgingly admire her spirit and her Loughborough Students Athletics Team jacket but the use of the elbow as she bashed me out of the way wasn't really fair play. Hang on a sec, do I recognise that body swerve and that ponytail. Hmmm, not sure. Could it be one of my old foes? I'm not certain and I don't usually forget an icy glare.

The traffic is bad on the way home and I'm late getting to class with Doggo so I don't manage to get time to train MD. His evening gets worse when Doggo picks on him in the boot of the car. Exerting his authority, I think it's called. So, and L will call me soft, I end up travelling home with MD in the car with me. He curls up on the passenger seat and is no trouble, bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment