Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Can't Remember Doing Anything To Upset Them

This is my last blog for a while. I'm having a break, hopefully not literally, in Scotland, where we hope to do a mix of skiing and walking in Glencoe.

We have a cottage for the week, just the two of us. Well four actually, the dogs are joining us. Daughter is off skiing with school and Son is staying at home. L questions whether we would strangle each other alone for a whole week but in reality, we'd both be too busy strangling MD.

We have the cottage booked from today but the school omitted to tell us that their trip was a Sunday departure, a late morning departure at that, so we won't be in Glencoe until around 8pm on Sunday. We'll top up the week with a night in the Lakes in the way back.

We've stayed in Glencoe several times, each time in a different cottage but we couldn't get in to any of ones we'd stayed in before. Last years place is even now saying 'no pets'. Hmmm, I can't remember us doing anything to upset them...

On the way up, and perhaps the way back as well, we'll be glued to the audio book of the White Russian. I'm up to the end of disk four, which has took me weeks. I'm a slow reader, even on audio books. L has caught me up with the book and she only started on it last week.

Regrettably, I'll miss the Manchester United cup game on Sunday but you can't have everything.

Today is the usual mix of dog training and wearing them out on the park followed by some packing for the holiday. Later we hit the gym and follow that with a few pints in the Johnson Arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment