Monday, February 23, 2009

Healthy Fish And Green Veg

I ought to get up early and run this morning but the dogs look like they need a break. Next week perhaps.

Daughter is very jovial this morning, despite not arriving back from Italy until around midnight, although she did mention that she was looking forward to a two hour kip in her first lesson. I hope she didn't mean it; she's relying on that particular GCSE.

Whereas when I return from a holiday, I can attack work, that I had no appetite for before I went away, with a new found fervour, L goes the other way. She's not very good at Mondays anyway, let alone a first Monday back from holiday. She usually swims on a Monday but didn't go today, in case she tried to drown herself. Instead, she locks herself in at work and says she's not answering the door. Oh dear.

Of course getting back from holiday means you can get on with looking forward to the next one and I'm so tempted to suggest a weekend ski break abroad. We could get Daughter to dog sit... but she'd be furious and I don't have enough money for the sort of bribe that would need. Kennels would be far cheaper for the dogs.

The Oscars happened last night, there were no great surprises. It turned out that Oprah Winfrey was right; she reckoned Kate Winslet’s 'natural' chest deserved an award and so it proved.

The dogs are back at work today as well. MD gets a good short session before Doggo's class. Doggo himself is a little bit off the pace, which could have something to do with the fact that he's booked in for an embarrassing little session with the vet tomorrow.

We pick L up from the gym on our way home, so one up to her already. That is after I've picked up my take away, healthy fish and green veg. Oh ok, fish, chips and mushy peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment