Friday, May 01, 2009

You Learn Something Every Day

They say you learn something every day. Well the first thing I learnt today was not to pick up a wet bottle of milk with your cycling gloves on. Eeek! Smash. So I'm a good ten minutes late leaving as I try to mop up all the milk and shards of glass before the dogs get back from their walk and embed it in to their paws. Job done I risk cycling in my new stylish shorts, well theoretically summer is upon us, even if no one’s told the weather gods yet.

The ride goes well, despite being on the wrong bike. All the same that chap on the folding bike will seriously have to watch out when I get my new Karma.

L has a go at outdoing me by swimming 40 lengths, which I could never do at such an early hour of the day and possibly not at any other hour either. L points at that I can manage most other activities before 8am. Hmmm, I guess I'm just not that into swimming.

Daughter amuses us by sending photos from inside school, I’m not sure she’s supposed to do that. It’s a good photo and Daughter’s on it. Perhaps that’s why it’s a good photo, whoever took it, takes better photos than she does.

In the evening I head over to Bingham for a night out with my friends from my days at Polytechnic. L and I have an eight mile run planned tomorrow and she recommends I stick to Shandy. I compromise and go for mild. It’s called Beijing Black and it’s rather nice but at 4.4% it's not your typical mild. Beijing Black is of course a pig breed but I don’t think it’s been anywhere near Mexico. Nobody seems worried; it seems to be going down very well.

It’s important to take on plenty of fluid before a run, so when we debate one final jar, the fifth, I feel it’s probably in my best interests not to vote against, although by then I’ve upgraded to a 5%er, just to kill off any of those flying pig germs I might have picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment