Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Primary Objective

I cycle in, as does L. Who complains it’s taken her bloody hours. There’s no pleasing some people. I thought she wanted a route that took bloody hours. She’s been complaining her route to work is far too short, so today she took an extended route. Oh well, at least she’s alive, which is always her primary objective. I won't ask her whether she enjoyed it because she'd just say that enjoying a cycle ride would be a bit of an oxymoron. 'Oxymoron' is her word of the moment.

We think we have problems when we go running with MD but what about the chap who was in the news this week with his one-eyed cat that he goes running with. I wonder if it chases the ducks as well.

The wind was with me on my cycle in, which is possibly a first but also means I’m praying to the weather Gods for the wind to turn around before I leave work. It doesn’t. So it’s a very windy cycle home which I do with my colleague who is also on his road bike today. So at least we can do a bit of sheltering behind each other. When he turns off to his place he looks in a terrible state. There’s nothing like a strong head wind to exercise those muscles.

I carry on to the pool, where it’s very quiet tonight. Unfortunately they’re all psychos and the pace is a bit too frantic. I’m glad to get my lengths over with and crawl out of the pool. Now it’s my turn to be in a terrible state.

I get home and take both dogs to training, where it’s a ‘self train’ session. I manage to get quite a long session with MD, who isn’t too freaked out tonight by other dog training around him. This means Doggo gets less time but I think he understands that his protégé needs the training time more than he does.

Then its home to do some maths revision with Daughter. Cue drum roll. The GCSE’s start next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment