Friday, May 22, 2009

He Better Be Joking

I cycled in despite the fact that my knee is a bit dodgy. Although it only really hurts when I twist it. It’s particularly bad when I turn over in bed for some reason, probably because I usually have to twist it out from underneath one of the dogs.

It seems ok after the ride. It’ll probably hold up fine until I have to do some quick turns at the agility on Sunday, when I’ll most likely collapse in a heap in the middle of the Crufts qualifier. At least I now know, after falling over the other week, that Doggo can carry on without me. I’m just not sure how he’s going to manage the baton change.

I ring my man at the bike shop to see if my new bike will be available for collection this weekend. As L keeps pointing out, I can't cycle around on a ill-fitting bike forever.

‘What bike?’ he asks. I think he’s joking. I hope he’s joking. He better be joking. Phew, he is. He tells me she’s ready for collection. Now all we need to do is complete tomorrows run up in the Peak District in good time so I can get back to collect her.

L also been out on her bike today and has done 20K which is only 2k shy of my ride to work. She’s now battling against the temptation to break into the full tin of biscuits that some b*****d has donated to their coffee room.

No one ever puts a tin of biscuits in our coffee room. I’ve had to buy my own box of ‘energy boosters’. Naturally I’ve not opened them yet. L says that’s a man thing. Whereas feeling the need to empty the entire tin of biscuits is clearly a girl thing. I would say that she’s earned a biscuit but I daren’t tell her that.

She reckons I’ll leave my biscuits that long, they’ll go off and I will end up throwing them away. Hmmm, not sure about that, I’d eat them anyway and isn’t that what dogs are for? But I've been warned that would get be in trouble for heartlessly feeding her ‘babies’ out of date biscuits. This is the same babies who eat dung, after they’ve rolled in it.

Just for the hell of it, I open the pack and have one before I cycle home.

Later we retire down the Plough to take on some fluids before tomorrow’s run.

No comments:

Post a Comment