Sunday, May 31, 2009

Locked Out

One of those odd, rare days today. Nothing on. Also no kids because both have stopped out overnight.

This does mean that we have to do both their paper rounds. Son had offered to get Daughter some alcohol if she did his but that was before she arranged to stay over at her friend’s. This offer doen’t seem to apply to me but then WKD isn’t really my thing. In the end though, Son cancelled his round so I’m not required. Which was a bit of a shame. I was quite looking forward to it, with L doing Daughter’s there’s a good chance of persuading one of the papergirls to come home with me.

L goes off to do Daughter's round and whilst she’s out, in the cold and sober light of day, I find that the bathroom door still won’t open. I pick up a hammer and chisel to get into the bathroom to answer a pressing call of nature.

Job done. Now I’ve just got to wait for the paper girl to turn up. She takes longer than expected. In the end, faced with the paper shop not being able to find anyone else to do Son’s round, L ends up doing it as well.

I spend the rest of the day in the garden, cutting the lawn and therefore trashing the puppy’s energy levels all in one go.

After which I’m all ready to do my maths revision but by 4pm Daughter still hasn’t shown up, so I go for a ride on my new bike. Stopping off to meet L at the Tennis Centre gym for a mocha. There’s a tennis tournament, The Aegon Trophy, going on there, so I stop and watch for a while. Seems practically all the British players bar Andy Murray are in action there and until Friday, the early rounds are all free to see.

In the evening, we do manage a bit of maths, with a only half with it Daughter. We send her to bed as early as possible because the exam is first thing tomorrow. Then we finish the 13 part series of South Riding, only four years after we started it. Well it feels that long.

Oh and I’ve entered that Tour Of Britain ride, it’s only 145km, how hard can it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment