Tuesday, May 05, 2009

That Sort Of Behaviour

The cycle in was good, annoying drizzle all the way but not too bad. The chap on the folding bike passes me again but I had no intention of letting him get away with that sort of behaviour for a second time. I overtake him at the start of the climb up Alp D'Risley and don’t look back. I pass four other cyclists on the way up that fearsome climb. It’s a show of dominance not seen since Armstrong destroyed Ullrich on some lesser known French Alp in 2001. I can almost hear Phil Liggett’s commentary in my ears.

L isn’t impressed by my superior cycling ability and reckons the chap had obviously read my blog from the other day and simply didn't want to upset me again. Thanks for the vote of confidence. She’s just sore because she cut her swim short so that she could be in work early but then found that her computer wouldn’t let her log on. Computers eh? Always having a laugh.

Good news. Selectadisc is reopening later this month. L, ever the cynic, expected it to be re-opened as a Costa or Starbucks. They’ll probably incorporate the two and call it Costa del Selectadisc (Give Us Your Bucks) or something like that.



I’ve decided not to swim tonight; despite the fact that Tuesday is a better session. It’s just that Wednesday fits in with my routine better, what with dog class being on that night and I don’t need to take the boys out.

So tonight, I decide to exercise the boys in the garden by cutting the lawn, naturally with a puppy continually hurling himself in front of the mower.

No comments:

Post a Comment