Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Old Adversary

It’s a bit damp this morning but it doesn’t put me off cycling. Although it turns out the drizzle was a bit more persistent than I thought.

I’m perhaps a bit slow on the uptake here but I realise today that cars not longer have mudguards like they used to, years ago. Bumpers seem to be lower instead but as I follow a few cars this morning I realise these are totally ineffectual at limiting spray.

It also wasn’t a good day to run in to my old adversary. Well actually he’s not that old but you know what I mean and OMG, I think he HAS been reading my blog. The chap on the folding bike is not on that particular machine today and he catches me up. Then he gives me ‘that glance’ over his shoulder as he goes past. It’s ‘that glance’ that Armstrong gave Ullrich in 2001, that stare straight into the eyes, that ‘Are you coming buddy or what?’ look. Like Ullrich in 2001, I attempt to try and keep up.

Apparently I’m booked in for maths revision tonight, not sure where I’ll fit it in though. First I'm due at the pool, which is packed, almost unswimable but I manage my lengths.

Then its home to take the boys to dog training. I do a short session with Doggo and then a longer and very fruitful one with the manic MD. He bombs around the arena, kind of under my control, and very fast. I could be onto a winner here or a lot of faults.

Finally its maths time, GCSE Paper 2 is on Monday and right on cue, Daughter has acquired yet another cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment