Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cool? Err, no I don’t think so.

Squash tonight, so I spare the legs the cycling and run in instead. It’s not a bad run but I did take it steady. The legs don’t appear to ache too badly after yesterday, although that’s perhaps because, what with all the insect bites I managed to pick up during the race, any aches have become secondary.

On the path down by the river, a chap passes me on his MTB with his trousers hanging so embarrassingly low down his thighs that when he sits down on his seat, the seat goes above the waistband of his trousers, rather than below it. Cool? Err, no I don’t think so.

I am greeted at work by the news that my colleague has filled in and sent off all three of the entry forms that I had so casually arranged on his desk on Friday. Damn. That means I best get some practice in and I suppose I ought to enter the races too.

L's been researching the real Marley, as in the dog of the film. We are surprised to see that his owner’s wife does in fact look like a bit like Jennifer Anniston, who played her in the film. Although the photos we’ve seen were taken before they got Marley... and dogs do have a habit of ageing you. L agrees. She says she used to look like Kate Winslet but now she looks like Barbara Woodhouse. Ha ha. That second bit’s not true of course but I have always had a soft spot for Babs.

Daughter’s at home on study leave but I’m not sure how much revising she's getting done. L’s threatening to surgically remove her phone from her mits because L’s not getting any work done, so presumably Daughter isn’t either.

Squash tonight is at Clifton, which isn’t our preferred option but at least we get changing rooms, so we don’t have to get changed in the corridor. What luxury. They’re really taking an awful long time renovating those changing rooms at Portland. I’m surprised all the women who use the gym there haven’t complained about having to squeeze past all the sweaty men who are stripping down to their underwear in the corridor. Squash players it seems are not a proud bunch. Or perhaps that’s why they haven’t complained. I thought some of the women were walking past more times than necessary.

L promises smiley faces for tea tonight. Not sure why I’m getting excited about that but I don’t think it’s something that even existed when I was a child. We had alphabeti spaghetti and that was about it. She’s also not said if she’s serving anything with them or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment