Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Woman’s Prerogative

I’m still struggling with Blogger’s 2000 label limit and have started to archive off my old posts on to new blogs I have created, one for each year. While doing this I discover just how many labels I have, namely a mere 9645. Oops. So it’s doubtful my archiving will solve the problem in the short term as I’m using close to 3000 per year.

L bought some new trainers a few months ago and immediately started raving about them. They are Nike ones and it got me thinking that now might be the time to move back to Nike. I always used to buy them and liked them but at one stage they only seemed to produce them in gold, silver or if you were really lucky blue. No such thing as a white pair, so I moved to Asics and haven’t gone back even though Nike do now seem to do normal shoes and not just ones for hip-hop concerts. Then after practically talking me in to buying a pair, she’s changed her mind and now she hates them... suppose it’s a woman’s prerogative to change her mind.

So for that reason and also a slightly more obvious one, I’ll take her latest recommendation with a pinch of salt and I’ll ignore the fact that she’s raving about the new sports bra she’s bought.

The girls head off to a gig, Enter Shikari, not my cup of tea at all. L was close to not going but only because her latest faves, Passion Pit, are up at the Leadmill, with the brill Joy Formidable supporting. Had it not been a training night for MD I would have gone, leaving her with much of a dilemma and also the potential disapproval of Daughter, who also appears to be a fan. Not that I believe Daughter would have chucked up Enter Shikari under any circumstances but she does hate anyone to get one up on her.



MD’s been a bit lively today probably because he didn’t get a night out last night. No matter, it’s his training tonight, so that should knock it out of him. The downside is that now Doggo is blanking me because I took them both to the training venue but Doggo didn’t even get to get out of the car because it was MD’s night. I had thought Doggo might quite like his approaching semi-retirement but I could be wrong on this.

Enter Shikari finish early, around 9.45, obviously thinking of their young audience, so that L and the others will have no problem getting up for school in the morning. I pick them up from outside Rock City and chauffeur some of Daughter’s friends to their homes too. I’m not sure they would have risked accepting a lift had they known just how close I was to running out of petrol. Now I just hope I’ve got enough to get to the petrol station in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment