Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Real Treat

There’s a real treat for me when I get the bike out of the garage this morning, the first puncture of the winter season. Well at least it happened before I left the house, which is certainly preferable to changing it at the side of the road. All the same it delays me by ten minutes or so. Still, I made it to work on time; that is if you don’t count the time it took me to get changed for work and have my breakfast once I got there. I have an understanding boss; what he does know, he doesn't need to understand.

I head to the pool after work for the Tuesday night lane session, which now seems to be more popular than the Wednesday night one. L is there too, in the gym, and we meet for a coffee afterwards. This might make up for the fact that she didn’t get to the tennis centre gym where she could have got a sauna as well. I’ll see what I can do to recreate hot and steamy at home for her later.

Daughter is out tonight, which means that I can do curry and make it extra hot. Son was also supposed to be out, which means I could have been put mushrooms in it too but his gig, Billy Talent at Rock City, has been cancelled. So the mushrooms become a side dish instead.

Derby predictably get beat at high flying Middlesbrough, despite the fact that Boro were out of form and had lost their last three homes games. If ever you want a sequence like that ending, just call for Derby. We’ll sort it. 2-0 it finishes and Middlesbrough move up to 4th, just one point off the top but what do a club that’s well known for standing by their managers more than any other club do. They sack Gareth Southgate. Which is bizarre, what did he do? Run off with the chairman's daughter?

No comments:

Post a Comment