Thursday, October 15, 2009

Just A Bit Of Mist

Today is Blog Action Day, I’m supposed to be participating and blogging about ‘Climate Change'.



They asked me to do this before two years ago, the subject was the ‘Environment’, so I mentioned my environmentally friendly methods of getting to work. So isn’t this more or less the same topic?

Anyhow, perhaps I should by mentioning that last week the BBC were asking ‘Whatever happened to climate change?’. Apparently the warmest year recorded globally was in 1998 and for the last 11 years we have not had any increase in global temperatures. Yep, wasn't it a lovely summer we had this year. The Met Office though still says that from 2010 to 2015 at least half the years will be hotter than 1998. Sceptics say that it is unlikely that temperatures will reach the heights of 1998 until 2030 at the earliest, instead a period of global cooling may now happen.

Perhaps this is why on the 1st April this year a secret plan was uncovered to build an Alpine Ski Area centred around Buckden, Upper Wharfedale, in the Yorkshire Dales. Oh yeah, 1st April wasn’t it...

but then again, the Irish are bidding for the Winter Olympics in 2026. Aren’t they?




Well at least I’m being as eco-friendly as I can be by being on the bike again. Although when I heard rain on the window first thing this morning I wasn’t going to be but the ever persuasive L assured me, as she went out to walk the dogs, that it had eased to just ‘a bit of mist’.

So off on the bike I went and that ‘mist’ just got heavier and heavier and heavier, and I got wetter and wetter and wetter. Just ‘a bit of mist’s she said. Hmmm.



Although I do now realise what a good invention these mudguard things are. Don’t know how I’d managed without them before. Don't believe I said that, I must be getting old.

L wasn't that apologetic later either, although she did acknowledge that it might not have done my Trent Flu any good. Well actually, I think the rain may have diluted the sewage in my body a touch, so at least one good thing came of it.

Still no coffee at work and I’ve forgotten to bring in any of my own, so I’m on the tea again but it doesn’t wake me up.

L’s working late tonight, so as it’s too dark to take the boys on the park we walk down to meet her and get sidetracked into the Plough. As you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment