Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Sorry Mate, I Didn’t See You

I drive to work and pass L by the park; she was running to work and taking the long route. She didn’t look like she was enjoying it very much. The fact that it was raining probably didn’t help. I’m running tomorrow, it’s sure to rain then.

I’m in Sainsbury’s at lunch time and L asks to double the order for tomato puree... In the same breath she confesses as to why a tube of the stuff seems to only last a matter of days in our house. It’s because L and Daughter both have it on toast. Ugh, what a pair of weirdos they are and neither of them are pregnant, well as far as I know. I hope.

The CTC (Cyclists’ Tourist Club) have launched a new website called ‘Sorry Mate, I Didn’t See You’. It’s an online tool where cyclists can report incidents of bad driving. Hope they’ve got a big beefy server, it could get a lot of use and that’s just from me. They says it's to enable them to see what cyclists' gripes are, so that they can lobby the appropriate institutions.



After work I drive over to Derby as we get chance to meet Daughter's personal tutor at college. Well I try, the traffic is awful, so I’m already late before I have to find somewhere to park, which isn’t easy. Then I have to feed the parking meter because I’m 15 minutes before it becomes free but knowing my luck, if I risk it, I’ll regret it. So I pay my 60p and sling the ticket on the dashboard, where I watch it slide off and down the gap between dashboard and windscreen. Bugger. None of my attempts to retrieve it work, so I have to buy another one. 70p this time because I don’t have the right change, for... 10 minutes. Not happy. Would have been quicker all round by bike.

Suppose it was was worth it though. Her tutor seems a nice chap and isn’t too traumatised from the experience of having Daughter in his group, although it is early days. There were only three parents concerned enough to show up plus one who turned up late. Ok, so that was me.

As I was surfing the blogosphere the other day I stumbled across this on Lucky Col. It's an excellent write up on Left Lion from a former employee of Libertys. So if anyone local wondered why most people celebrated, except the insurers, when Nottingham’s least favourite chav pit closed and then subsequently burnt down, have a read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment