Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Common Marketing Strategy

L is very affectionate this morning. I just hope I didn’t agree to something Mika related in a moment of passion.

It’s a bit damp out but it doesn’t actually rain on me as I bike in, contrary to what the gloomy forecast said.

It’s not been that long since it reopened but Derby’s Rockhouse has announced it’s to close again, probably for good. It’s just failed to make any money. It’s a shame but I’m not surprised. We needed the Rockhouse five years ago but it timed it’s comeback not only in a recession but also just after The Royal had established itself as Derby’s première music venue. I’m afraid I have to say the The Royal is the better venue as well. I hope someone takes over the Rockhouse but I can’t see it, as I don’t think Derby can sustain two similar music venues.

I cycle to the pool where I have a challenging swim, trying to keep out the way of a psycho who is doing four lengths to every three of mine. Every time he overtakes me he knocks me sideways with the huge wake he creates as he power boats past me.

By the time I’ve finished my thirty lengths I’m in need of something strong and I meet L afterwards for a coffee. L’s had the day off and has been over in Derby meeting her parents for coffee and presumably cake. She was impressed by the cafe where they meet, although this may be because the Maitre d' (or whatever the term is) called her a young lady and gave her a kiss as she left. A common marketing strategy I believe. She says she’d definitely going back there. I might accompany her and take my best glare.

Google have relented on the 2000 label limit for blogger and have now upped it to 5000. Obviously I’m not under that yet, having a meagre 9645, but I can probably work with that if my archiving works. They say the limit is due to ‘performance issues’ which I can understand but it’s a bit odd, as all I’m doing is splitting all my labels over separate blogs. I assume everyone else will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment