Monday, October 26, 2009

She’s Beginning To Sound Like Me

I leave for work in the car at the usual time but because the roads are so quiet I arrive well early. I forgot it was half term. Which is odd because I was talking to Daughter this morning about her half-term lunches order of Ritz crackers, cherry flavoured mouth wash and vodka, whilst she was preparing to head off Alton Towers. Guess I’ve just got used to these part-time A level students.

There’s some Halloween thing going on at Alton Towers, including fireworks, so she won’t be back until late. She's already texted us from Oblivion. Tempted to say, nothing new there. That’s the ride where they drop you off a cliff into a hole in the ground, so it’s a bit like running down Beachy Head in the mist but more expensive and without the lone piper at the bottom or the free cake at the top. Hope she hung onto her piercing. She's obviously managed to keep hold of her phone, so far at least.


(TGIGreeny's Photography Blog)

Talking of the lone piper. L’s bemused by all the race reviews praising the piper at the top of the 200+ steps by the Seven Sisters. What piper? What steps? She asks. Hmmm. I’m not longer sure she did the same race. She’s beginning to sound like me. She should look at what’s going on around her more, just like I don’t. Seems we might have to go back next year now.

Now here’s a four letter word that slipped through our mail server undetected, ‘Mika’. L’s inexplicably a fan. He’s coming to the Sheffield Academy and she asks me for my thoughts... I can see where this is leading and it’s a sinister and scary place.



She even promises not to wear the tour t-shirt when we're out together. Some people are just never satisfied. I’ve done the Quo, I’ve agreed to Marilyn Manson and I even did the Bay City Rollers and the Osmonds all in one night but I just can’t say no to her, which is how we ended up Eastbourne. Can I take my ipod?

She’s got her eye on the same front row spot we had for Editors, so that she’s got a good view of all the glitter.... is this her idea of being persuasive? Ipod and a blindfold me thinks.

L threatens to impose sanctions until I agree because understandably I’m having a few problems with the question. Perhaps I could go but wear a disguise? I suppose the blog potential is huge, as long as he’s not expecting a flattering write up because I can’t say I’m keen on anything he’s done. Suppose there’s always a first time.

OMG. I’ve just checked setlist.fm and he played eighteen songs at a concert in Canada the other week. Eighteen songs!

I try and evade the issue but what if she puts on her most persuasive outfit tonight? Though even that might not work on this occasion, the thought of Mika is enough to put one off most things, well... unless... but I digress.

I run off to dog class, I might be safe there.

No comments:

Post a Comment