Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Thoughtless Animals

It's my turn to run into work today, it feels good, not bad at all and it doesn’t even rain. I can’t cycle because I’ve got a bit of a beer thing going on in Derby tonight.

Daughter apparently wants pet pig. Yes, one of those diddy ones. Perhaps this has been her master plan all along and explains the sty like conditions she’s been cultivating in her bedroom for the last sixteen years.



Yes they’re cute but they sound a bit boring compared with our dogs. They don't moult, they don't chew and they don't need to go for a walk. Hmmm, perhaps there’s something in it after all. It would be no good at agility though, with those little legs I’d had to give it a bunk up over the hurdles and I’d never get it over the A Frame.

Not sure MD would be impressed either. I remember what happened to the last pig we had in the house. It was only a toy but MD pulled its ears, nose and feet off and then dumped it in a hole he’d dug in the garden.

Later, I find out that one of the two guys I was meeting has been delayed in London and is going to be late getting back. So the other guy and I have to wait in the pub for him, for a couple of hours. Oh the hardship. The downside is it means we have less time to eat. So when he finally arrives and we head off for food, we ingeniously roll the starters and mains into one. Thankfully they find us a big enough table. Then after we've demolished that lot, I have to leave them to it to catch my bus. It’s been fun but it’s time to head home, in to the arms and paws of my nearest and dearest. Though this does leave them contemplating (loudly, for my benefit) the dessert menu. L tells me the dogs have already forced her to bed with them. Against her will obviously, the thoughtless animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment