Monday, November 16, 2009

Obviously Female

I was going to bike, I really was. I even went outside and checked the weather, which at that point wasn’t raining but it had dumped some serious puddles on the roads overnight. Still I thought I’d give it a go until L pointed out the weather, obviously female, had changed its mind pronto and it was now bordering on the torrential again. So car it is then.

Oops. We delayed entering because of my injury and now the Edwinstowe 10k is full. How can that be? I didn’t think it was that popular last year. In fact checking the results, there were there were 340 of us in it last year. This year they’ve filled all 500 places with three weeks to go to the closing date.

L considers posting off an entry ‘in ignorance’. Can’t see that working, it doesn't for dog shows, I've tried it.

We’ll have to find something else Christmasy. Something with a t-shirt that we can wear. I had already made it a condition of my participation that they promise not to have red t-shirts again this year. Last year not only was it red but it had Christmas trees on it as well. Unwearable.

The horrendous traffic jam on the way home reminds me why I usually leave the car at home and probably should have biked no matter what the weather.

L heads over to Derby for a run, followed by food and drink in a pub afterwards. A few hours later she text’s to tell me she’s already on the bus, half cut. The boys and I amble up to the bus stop to aid her journey home.

She confesses that she left her breakfast at home in her haste to get to the gym this morning, only had a light lunch and then goes running. After which she hasn’t eaten anything either because one of the girls wanted to leave early, so they concentrated on the alcohol instead.

Honestly it's one rule for her, one for me. I'd be in so much trouble if that was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment