Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Give It To Me Straight

L gives it to me straight this morning; apparently I don’t look at all good. Thanks for that. She’s referring to my neck and shoulders which are admittedly not good, very stiff. So I skip the bike, it was very windy anyway, and get the bus. Of course there are many people who would have had a month off work for less than a bit of a bad neck but that is not my style. I couldn’t take the car though as a bunch of students have parked across the end of our drive blocking me in. I suppose I did give them permission and they’re now sleeping off last night in Son’s room. I then get mugged by a couple of muddy dogs on the way to the bus stop.

Once on the bus I had to smile. A young girl was moaning that she’d got herself a stalker and all she did was send a lad she ‘barely knew’ a text with a solitary ‘x’ at the end of it. Oh dear, what a mistake, she has so much to learn, one ‘x’ is really all a boy needs.

The journey to work actually helps my latest ailment and the stiffness starts to loosen up. This is where people go wrong, just sitting around waiting for things to get better on their own. I get to work and look up my symptoms. L reckons it could be something called Torticollis, I self diagnose on Google and Wikimisleadia. Well that helped, not. Now I’m really not sure what I’ve got at all. Some of the suggestions I can’t possibly have because apparently I’d already be dead if I had.

L joyfully tells me she's had a good run this morning. I'm pleased for her. I fondly remember the days when I used to be able to run...

In the evening, the girls head into town for an early cinema, some film about ‘goats’ or something. Even Son joins them, so it must be good. So there’s nobody in when I get home apart from two very confused dogs, one is in the kitchen as normal, the other is freezing his paws off forgotten in the garden. Heartless children. Oh the tears from MD when they are reunited.

Unfortunately they don’t realise that it’s an ‘Orange Wednesday’, two for the price of one and all that, the queues are hideous and they have to reschedule for a later film. This leaves them with two hours to kill in town with only the late night shopping to amuse them, understandably Son aborts and comes home.

Tonight hot on the heels of last week’s Dog Club Christmas ‘party’ (human version) this week it’s the dogs turn. It’s games night. Doggo gets the gig and competes in everything, whilst MD is just wheeled out for a bark and a chase around in the gaps. Doggo isn’t really on form but despite that we win the team, come second in the pairs but get badly stitched up in the individual. It’s a head to head contest, a knock out tournament and we came second last year, so hopes are high. We lose in round one. The starter counts down 3..2..1..Go and our opponent goes on ‘2’. Still we catch them up and then they clatter two poles down, so we ease up, safe in the knowledge that a clear round will see us through. Only to the told at the finish that they’re not counting poles this year. So feeling well hard done by.

No comments:

Post a Comment