Monday, November 09, 2009

Not Cavalier In The Slightest

Today I make an appointment to visit a physio. That shocked L, who thinks that, in common with most males, I have a cavalier attitude to my health. What tosh. It is vitally important that I get this injury seen to as soon as possible, so that I know how soon I can go out and aggravate, I mean, test it.

There was the possibility of the interestingly named ‘NHS fast track referral system’ but I’m told even that would take weeks. This admittedly is fast compared with months, as was the norm before. However my appointment, which is tomorrow at 9am, is what I call fast. In fact I could have gone today; the downside of course is that it’s going to cost me a fair amount of money.

A word for Coventry City manager Chris Coleman, who I bet had a traumatic weekend after his side LOST to Derby on Friday. We’ve recently seen what happens to managers when they BEAT Derby, so he must be really sweating.



After work, Doggo is at the vets, having another ‘squeeze’. The poor chap. L comes along to offer moral support. Yet again we considered the DIY option. It’s all on the internet. All you need is protective clothing, rubber gloves and a muzzle. So the vets it is then.

This puts him in better shape, and presumably also much lighter, for his final Monday training session. It’s a shame he’s quitting really, the Alsatian in our group really fires him up (e.g. annoys him) and he goes like a rocket. Unfortunately in competition, without the Alsatian rubbing him up the wrong way he can’t reproduce the same speed. This won’t, I don’t think, be a problem with MD. Absolutely anything and everything winds him up.

As regards my bad leg, I take inspiration from Liverpool’s Fernando Torres. He’s been limping around on one leg for weeks, struggling his way through an hour or so of their matches but still managing to bang in the odd goal with his good leg. With his help I have managed to clamber to the top of our ‘Fantasy Football' league last week, now all I need is a goal or an assist from him tonight, to keep me there.



He’s doesn’t play! The complete and utter waster. That’s him off my inspiration list. Thanks for nothing mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment