Tuesday, November 03, 2009

An Impression Reaction

I wake up to the sound of rain hammering against the window but by the time I’m up it’s stopped so I hastily hop onto the bike. Actually it wasn’t too bad; I only got caught in a few short, if a little sharp, showers. I had to stop a few times to put waterproofs on and then again off again, once it stopped and I quickly got too hot. I think I missed the worst of the bad weather, which saved itself for when L came to walk in to work. Here’s a handy tip though; do not try to adjust your mudguards whilst you’re moving. The resulting wobble has the potential to be catastrophic.

Rain also doesn’t work well with cleats. Occasionally your foot may fail to clip in because it’s wet. This can be quite unsettling when the power you’ve tried to put down on the pedal ends up with you effectively flailing at fresh air with your leg whilst your bike wobbles off in the opposite direction. It also doesn’t do much for your calf muscles.

Forgot to mention yesterday. L’s in a dreadful state after getting horrifically savaged by her parent’s cat when she went round to visit last night. Apparently the ferocious brute sat on her lap all night purring and being stroked. This vicious behaviour seems to have brought an allergic reaction out of L, whose face has swollen up as a result and she spent the rest of the night squinting at me. She reckons she looks like Frankenstein's monster, well, perhaps an oriental version.



MD obviously saw through the cat’s devious behaviour, he leapt to L's defence and tried to see if off, through the patio doors, without opening them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment