Monday, June 08, 2009

Under The Influence

I'm on the bike today and again our car park is really busy... with bikes. My ride goes ok but my knee still feels dodgy and now I seem to be struggling with saddle soreness which is perhaps my knee just ruining my posture. Either way I think I’ll take the rest of the week off cycling, which isn’t difficult because I didn’t want to do too much before the 5 mile run I have on Wednesday night.

After work I train MD at home and then take both of them to Doggo’s class. We watch the end of the previous class and MD offers his vocal support, well he tries to. His halti not only keeps him in check whilst out walking but it also has the added advantage of holding his mouth shut if he gets over excited and tries to bark at anything. Result.

L is over in Derby running with a friend of hers. Which is partly for fitness, partly a social call and partly out of necessity because we’re desperate for news of her dog, who has been very ill and not eating but she’s completely rubbish at keeping us informed by text or email. We’ve both been worried sick.

He is now apparently recovering after being put on a diet of fresh fish and potatoes. Well you would wouldn’t you. Both our two dogs would lay it on a bit thick if they thought they could get that sort of dietary prescription.

She then heads over to her parents where I pick her up from, which totally meets with the approval of the dogs because this means they’ll get biscuits. Lots of them.

L seems quite sloshed, apparently the only measure of wine that the pub sold was 250ml. That's a third of a bottle, which breaks a woman’s daily allowance of alcohol units in one glass.

The good news is that later I may profit from her sloshedness but the bad news is the 21 mile run she’s been talked into... It's a common tactic, L's got me to sign many an entry form whilst I've been under the influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment