Monday, June 29, 2009

The Sort Of Stupid Thing I’d Do

As I lay in bed this morning the old legs are just gently aching. The next task is to see if they’ll support my weight. Luckily they do, it’s always embarrassing to end up lying in a heap on the floor because your legs have given out and you haven’t been at the shandy.

I hobble off to get the bus into work, where there aren’t many of my colleagues in today. How annoying when you need someone to brag to but I have a good go at wowing the ones that are.

Daughter is being induced again today. She was at Ncn college on Friday, whilst today and tomorrow she’s at Bilborough college. At some stage she has to choose between the two of them, that is if they both still want her after they’ve spent a day or more with her. I'm sure she's charmed them.

Both colleges seem intent on giving her the full on ‘college experience’, e.g. one lesson followed by a forty minute break. She'll be having to take up World of Warcraft to fill the gaps...

I’m taking a bike break today and probably for most of the week, as I’ve got two, if not three, runs this week. L however is doing some serious training for her birthday present, the Hathersage Triathlon. She cycles to Derby, runs with her friends, then cycles back. Sounds like the sort of stupid thing I’d do.

One of her friend’s owns the sick collie we’ve been worried about for sometime. We’re slightly horrified that they’re off on holiday at the weekend without him. Not sure how they can contemplate that, I’d be worried sick all the time I was away and neither of our two have got the hang of text messaging yet, which in the case of the gobby MD is probably a good thing.

I get home from work and catch the start of Andy Murray’s match which is played under the new roof at Wimbledon. Today is the first time the roof has been used and as the weather isn’t terribly bad you get the impression it’s more a case of 'insurance' because if Murray doesn’t get a shift on it won’t be completed tonight.

The match is still going as I drive to dog class. After training, it’s nearly dark but the match is still going on as I drive home, good job they shut that roof and put the lights on then. It’s around 10.45 when I pull into the drive and Murray finally finishes off Stanislas Wawrinka in five sets.

So a good result for Murray but an even better day for the BBC who get to show five full sets all on prime time TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment