Friday, June 05, 2009

The Only Excuse You Need

I blew my tyres up this morning and gosh it made a difference, so much easier and quicker. I ought to do it more often. Only two bikes in the car park today. I know one of my colleagues has had to temporarily suspend his cycling due to his shredded knees but I don’t know what everyone else’s excuse was. Then again, as L points out, perhaps wanting to stay alive was the only excuse they needed. I guess I wasn’t very encouraging yesterday.

So put the bike back in the shed and have a curry instead because apparently having a curry once or twice a week helps prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s and dementia. It's all down to turmeric you know but it’s not quite the news the obesity endemic needed.

They've been testing all this out on mice. Only last year it was in the news that they were forcing alcohol down mice. Perhaps a laboratory mouse’s life isn't all that bad after all... or perhaps not.

Researchers are now going to test the impact of higher doses, like a curry every day but sorry, they're not asking for volunteers. If it works they might even put a curry pill on the market. A curry pill... why? Isn’t that taking all the fun out of it?

I manage to cycle home in the dry but not by much and it soon starts raining. Eventually we venture out, the dogs need walking and we visit the local.

No comments:

Post a Comment