Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Time To Watch My Back

Heatwave over, it’s raining.

As part of National Bike Week Nottingham are doing something called the Wheelie Big Breakfast for anyone who turns up in the Old Market Square with a bike. Which leaves it open to abuse by a mass of students after a free breakfast, all sharing the same bike. Well it's what I would have done.

It’s just a shame it doesn’t start until 8am, which is far too late for most people to stop off for breakfast and still get to work on time. If it started earlier, I’d be there. I’m tempted to take the morning off to claim my free breakfast but I guess that’s not really the idea is it. L went though. This is an achievement in itself what with the one-way system, the tram tracks, and all the buses and taxis in and around the ‘traffic-free’ Market Square to circumnavigate.

To avoid the expected fried breakfast in bap she’s told them she’s vegetarian which means she’ll probably just get cornflakes.

L reports back that there was a wealth of cycle related stalls, penny farthings to ride on, a bicycle powered smoothie machine and even a five-a-day stall, where you could talk to healthy eating experts whilst you munch on your sausage, egg and bacon bap. To eat, she actually managed to purloin a quite healthy vegetable burrito.

There was also a ‘what Nottingham is doing for cyclists’ stall. To which the swift and cynical answer is ‘not much’ or well, that's the general consensus. It probably wasn’t a very big stall.

I’m on my bike too, albeit without a Wheelie Big Breakfast inside me. So far, it's so far so good as regards any aches and pains. So I decide now it the time to sign up for next weekend's White Rose Challenge ride up in Ilkley.

Today, the Times newspaper outs another anonymous blogger. To be fair ‘Night Jack’ had been pushing his luck a bit with his disclosures about the police force and had given out some quite sensitive details about some of his investigations. It went to court but the court refused to protect his anonymity because his identity was apparently ‘in the public interest’. Don’t understand that one. In fact the reverse is true because his blog has now been deleted. So now there's no information available to the public at all.

So I best watch my back, in case the Times outs me and you discover that I’m actually a twenty-stone spinster with a house full of cats who wouldn’t know a fitness regime if it parachuted itself into her back garden. Do you think that threw the journalists off the scent?

I get home and take the cats, sorry I mean the dogs training. Well I train MD at home and then much to his chagrin leave him at home whist I take Doggo to class. Once home again MD is so so pleased to see Doggo, as he usually is. Doggo though, doesn’t reciprocate the delight, as he usually doesn’t. A growl and a snarl is what he gets for his trouble. Doggo I guess is saying ‘Out of my way, I’m tired, I’m hungry and I’m covered in sand’, as he heads off to find an unoccupied duvet to dust himself down on.

No comments:

Post a Comment