Monday, June 22, 2009

Avoiding The Wino

As I’m in the car today I take the bin bag full of empty cans to the recycling, breathing in a sea of alcohol fumes as I drive. It’s worse at lunchtime when I push then one by one into the recycling bin as a lot of them are not even empty. Youngsters these days are so wasteful. I can tell I smell of alcohol as I walk around Sainsbury's afterwards, other customers are giving me a wide berth, avoiding the wino.

L’s still feeling the after effects of the ‘Midsummer Dream’ and emails to tell me that she’s standing at her desk, I assume she can’t sit down, holding a carton of milk against each thigh. This conjures up such a wonderful image.

When I get home it looks as if Son’s thrown another party, then I realise that it's just the usual mess that gets accumulated by two teenagers being alone in the house all day. To be honest there's not much difference.

I don’t get to train MD tonight because when we get there nice and early, some horses are using the horse arena, which I suppose they’re entitled to do. So L takes him off for a walk instead. When the horses finally vacate the arena I train Doggo. Which goes well but it’s rather hot in there so I don’t try and do too much with him.

After collecting L and MD we head home for the latest of L’s little schemes, ‘Meat-free Mondays’. Which sounds great, I love a bit of cheese on toast on a Monday. Perhaps we’ll get more into the concept when we have more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment