Thursday, June 11, 2009

Complete Bed Rest

L’s having a bad week in the pool, today is the second time this week she’s had to finish on a number that doesn't end in a zero and she hates doing that. It will spoil her whole day. I think they keeping blowing the whistle early just to annoy her.

My colleague isn’t gloating too much at work. He says his legs are ok but I never actually see him get out of his chair all day, although I guess he must have at some point, when I wasn’t looking. I also note he wasn't on his bike this morning, nor was I.

He reckons I’ll be trying extra hard to beat him on Sunday and I did run an impressively stupid 32.15 at Long Eaton last year, he did 33.10 yesterday. Not sure I’ll be anywhere near as quick this year.

In order to get me ready for the re-match, L prescribes complete bed rest over the next few days. I’ll look forward to that! But personally I think a bit of light training might be in order.

Daughter sends some more dog photos through to work. The ones of MD show a dog who is getting progressively more fed up with posing for the camera with each shot. You can see it in his eyes that he's plotting to get his own back and is thinking 'I'm going to chew up as many pairs of her best knickers as I can get my paws on.'

He has my sympathy. Everyone can suffer from too much Daughter syndrome. Never mind MD, there's only thirteen weeks to go until she starts college.

I go to Thursday night training with MD and then back home, I cook up a curry and we relax with a glass of wine whilst Daughter is out seeing the comedian Russell Howard. I’m on standby to pick them up afterwards and after a phone call from Daughter I drive off to collect them. Only to be told when I’m nearly there that I have to turn back because she’s in a queue to meet him for a photo and to get his autograph, presumably on a body part, underwear or hopefully something more suitable. I turn the car around and drive home, the joy of kids (part 2). At least I get to drink some more wine and she does at least manage to get a bus home.

No comments:

Post a Comment