Saturday, June 27, 2009

Snakes And Ladders

Dog show today. It’s only a small local show but in four events we record:- 1st, 2nd, 5th and 9th. So not bad. Our win comes in something silly called ‘Snakes And Ladders’. In this they set out a course of just hurdles and then complicate it by spreading other equipment around the course. The idea being that if you do a more complicated obstacle (the ladders), such as the weaves, see-saw, A-frame or dog walk you get to skip forward three jumps but if you go into a tunnel (the snakes) you have to go back three jumps. It’s all a bit daft, not to mention complicated and I reckon we are slower over most of those obstacles that we would be over the jumps. The only one I reckon we’re quick on is the A-frame, so I decide that is the only short cut that we will take. Then when I’m on the start line I can no longer remember which jump the A-frame came after, so in the end I miss that out as well and just do the jumps. Totally within the rules but not really within the spirit of the competition and we win, easily. So it just goes to show that no one else could do those obstacles as fast as we could do three jumps either and no one else had the audacity to ignore them all and just do the jumps. Ha. Silly event but we’ll take the win.

Back home I have to get my preparation right for tomorrow’s White Rose Challenge. Hmmm, now which pub to choose? L fancies trying out her new gym routine as devised by her personal trainer, so she heads off there and I meet her afterwards, then we have a few in the Johnson’s. I hadn’t intended to have three but never mind, it’s all carbohydrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment