Monday, September 28, 2009

Shouldn’t Be Allowed

I have an exercise free day, not so L, who manages to swing her leg over an exercise bike at the gym, despite yesterday’s race and several pints of Screech Owl. I'm the car and regretting it. Judging by the traffic this morning everybody must finally be back at work this week.

She keeps telling me of a cyclist, who turns up at the gym in full cycling kit including cleated shoes, does 20 minutes of weights, then clatters off back to his bike. She’s curious to know what he's training for. I bet I know. It’s probably ‘Survival Of The Fittest’ and I bet he knows something I don’t about the course.



In the news is a university vice-chancellor who has got himself into trouble for describing his female students as a ‘perk of the job’. He’s deluded and has obvious never had to teach Daughter and her mates... only kidding girls.

Oh I see, he’s not on about the challenges of teaching this high-spirited subsection of our species but is on about their attractiveness and how some unscrupulous female students attempt to flaunt it to their advantage.

Tut tut. Shouldn’t be allowed. As a male student you want your fellow students to flutter their eyelashes at you not at the lecturers. Further, rather than being surrounded by attractive young girls at the end of each lesson, all hoping for an upgrade of a mark or two, the lecturers should be explaining to you why your answer to question seven is totally wrong. Not that I’m bitter Mr XXXXXX, A Level Chemistry, Wilmorton College, Derby, 1985.

The Womens' officer for the NUS has condemned his comments, so it clearly didn’t work for her.

Whilst I’m training the boys, L continues to be active by going running in Derby and then follows this by agreeing to participate in a darts tournament organised by her running club. You know what they say, beware the 11 year old who has obviously been practising. It takes her two glasses of Rose to get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment