Monday, September 14, 2009

A New Challenge?

At work, my colleagues are more impressed by L’s swim than by my ride cycle last week. Not that I’m bitter. I mean, I probably couldn’t have done it.

Now she needs to think up another challenge otherwise her motivation will fall off a cliff. She has the Beachy Head Marathon coming up in October but after that is a big black hole.

So I wasn’t surprised she was looking for a new challenge but what she came up with stunned me. It also means I might have to give back the part of her bike computer that I nicked to get mine working. I thought I was safe to ‘borrow’ it because she doesn’t use her bike much but now she’s talking about doing a sportive. She’s looking at the 100 mile Circuit Of The Cotswolds.

It’s all the fault of Spandau Ballet or Spandau Belly as the media have started called lead singer Tony Hadley.

She says the photographs of Mr’s Hadley and Kemp in the Daily Mail, ahead of their reunion tour, make her want to give up running (Hadley's pursuit) and take up cycling (Kemp's pursuit) instead.

I read an interview with Gary Kemp recently in Cycling Weekly, he’s very keen and has splashed out on a £2000 carbon bike... sounds familiar. Wonder if he did it on Cyclescheme, although you’d expect him to pay cash but then if he was that well off I’m surprised he only spent £2000. In the photo in the Mail he’s also in Rapha Condor kit, they’re the b******* I couldn’t keep up with on the Pro Tour Ride.

I go dog training with the intention of training MD but someone puts up such a stinker of a course that I have to run Doggo around it, so that the old man can prove he can still hack it. Which he does, then I get youngster out, who then gives me a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment