Monday, September 07, 2009

Is This A Trap?

My legs are not too bad after yesterdays 145km. My knees though are a different story and stairs today are hell.

The immediate reaction at work is muted, they kind of expect this sort of irrational behaviour from me, and I’m at first upstaged by someone who has finally cracked snowboarding by spending a whole day at Tamworth Snowdome on a course. Something I would like to crack myself but then again they say once you cross over to the dark side of snowboarding you never come back and I do like my skiing and blading.

Then someone says 'Did you say you did ninety miles?'. I think it's just dawned on them and I belatedly get the reverence I feel I deserve.

The evening sees the restarting of Doggo’s Monday night class. As usual I take MD in for a look around first, just to soften up the opposition, before Doggo takes the floor.

I get home and L hands me a piece of paper with a girl's name and a mobile phone number on it. That’s never happened before. It’s not even my birthday. Is this a trap?

Apparently not. I’ve won a prize and I’m someone who never wins anything, neither by skill or by chance. Well ok there's been the odd prize on the tombola or a spot prize in a race but this really is a first.

Apparently I have won something for being the 1000th rider to sign-up to yesterday’s Pro Tour ride. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment