Friday, August 21, 2009

Too Tired For The Pub

We leave Doggo in charge of seeing the remnants of the ‘small scale party’ off the premises which apparently he does with aplomb and the party doesn’t automatically restart as Son’s ‘gatherings’ have done in the past.

My neck is still a bit sore but I bike all the same, working on the assumption that exercising it is better than resting it. I have to ride faster than I want to because I just have to overtake a chap with the most ill-fitting cycling shorts I’ve ever seen. They were supposed to be tight fitting lycra but looked about three sizes too big. He’s also pretty quick for an old guy, I say old because he had more grey in his hair than... well I have hair, but he could certainly pedal.

The media is full of the best ever ‘A’ level results with front page photos of glamorous young female students clutching their results slips. Boys take these exams too you know.

Latest research says that candle-lit rendezvous's could be harmful to your health. We’ve always know they can be the start of considerable damage to a boy’s wallet but this is a new angle. Candle fumes can cause lung cancer and asthma they say. So limit your candle use as well as everything else.



I've entered the Men's Health ‘Survival of the Fittest’ race. Oops. Work has agreed to sponsor anyone at our company who wants to do it. So couldn’t say no really.

I think L fancies it too but she has the Birmingham Half-Marathon the next day. I will have to show solidarity with her and be AF the night before that, so it’ll have to be a bloody good night out after her race. I just need to start practising my wall climbing, bog swimming and the like.

L leaves work with the intention of running the Nottingham Half-Marathon route as a training run. So I decide to add a few extra miles to my cycle home and try to find her. Which I do eventually, unfortunately they haven’t closed the roads for her like they do for the real race.

It was all a ploy from her though so that she could pinch some of my energy drink. Unfortunately I had almost emptied the bottle on the way to work this morning so my energy drink would have tasted remarkably water-like but she seemed to appreciate it.

After that, we are both pretty tired, it’s been a hard week all round and we sleepwalk down to the local pub, where we fall asleep in our beer and have to come home early. We were so tired we didn’t even hear Daughter when she came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment