Thursday, August 27, 2009

Complete Confidence

L goes off to work, whilst I'm on exam results duty. Just as a precaution you understand, in the unlikely event that things don’t go quite go to plan... and we don't get to share in what are sure to be reported as 'best ever' results, which of course won't happen. I have complete confidence in Daughter...

L did the stint with Son and his A levels, I get Daughter and the GCSE’s. No prizes for guessing who got the easiest gig, at least on paper. Of course the easiest fixture may not necessarily be the best or most satisfying. Well that’s what I keep telling myself.

Talking of Son, he is pleased I have a day off at home... at least I think that’s what he meant when he greeted me with a ‘What you doing here?’ this morning.

Daughter is not looking confident and asks me to drive the car more slowly as we head down to the school. Then I have to sit in the car waiting for her which is a bit like waiting at the dentist’s surgery. Then I hear her coming across the school yard, I will have no need to ask her for her results when she reaches the car because I can hear her shouting them across the yard to her friends.

The upshot is she gets the six passes she needs, in fact she gets nine and the Maths, English and Science she needed. Never doubted her.

With that out of the way, Daughter disappears off upstairs presumably for a lie down after the shock of the results and I put the wine in the fridge to toast her success with L later. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment