Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How Lazy Is That?

When it’s too late L tells me that she was supposed to get up a bit earlier to take the dogs out for a longer walk this morning but she failed dismally due to the bed’s amazingly powerful gravitational pull. She didn’t tell me this plan of course because if she had I would have kicked her out of bed at the appropriate time. Which I assume is why she didn’t tell me.

As I cycle into work, I realise that it’s a good job that I can spot an inattentive motorist from miles away. One of this, far too common, breed pulled out of his parking space right in front of me this morning. I slam on the anchors, luckily, as I said, I was half expecting such a manoeuvre. However, the chap was not content with this and then tried to reverse over me as he attempted a three point turn in the street. I desperately tried to find my own reverse gear, not easy on a bike, to get out of his way. You would think he would thank me for not letting him kill me and therefore saving him from a lifetime of guilt but no, he just glares at me, as if it was my fault.

Have you heard about Michael Jackson's ‘Farewell’ UK Tour? He’s now up to an impressive 45 dates but his Sat Nav is obviously faulty because they are all in one place. 45 nights at that Millennium Dome thing, now called the O2 Arena. How lazy is that?

At MD’s training tonight, they are training the ‘table’ obstacle, a not often seen piece of agility equipment. MD is strangely suspicious of it and won’t get on it. Then I tell him to imagine that it’s the settee. Then he gets the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment