Monday, July 20, 2009

That Four Letter Word

L’s been to the gym this morning to loosen up and then she’s out running tonight. After yesterday I’m a bit stiff too, so perhaps I could have done with the gym myself but no, my strategy today is, and I'm not going to use that four letter word now, rest. There I’ve said it and it wasn’t too painful.

Meanwhile Daughter is in town handing out CVs, hopefully not just to anybody in the street but to likely employers. She’s stepping up the hunt for a job in a shop or something like that and good on her for that.

I head home via the dentist where I’m given a clean bill of health. The dentist says whatever you’re doing, it’s working, and so keep doing it. I don’t mention the 'one a day' but as the man says, it must be working.

After throwing something around in a pan for the kids tea, I head over to collect L from her run. We’re a bit early so I have to sit outside the pub they’re eating in with the boys and keeping a pint company. Oddly, for July, it’s a pleasant evening. Who was it who predicted a heatwave this summer? Hands up in the Met Office, was it you? Hmmm, been a tad wide of the mark so far haven’t you.

No comments:

Post a Comment