Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Not Pretty But Effective

It’s drizzling as I cycle in, which isn’t too bad, until I get within ten minutes of work at which point the weather moves out of tease mode into full blown downpour mode. L says she got soaked too, as she cycled to the gym and now she smells like a damp collie. Me too.

A nineteen-year-old British backpacker has been found after twelve days missing in the Australia outback. His father kind of apologies for causing such a big and expensive search when he describes his son as the ‘the only teenager in the world who goes on a 10-mile hike and leaves his mobile phone behind.’ Well he may have been right up until the 'and' but he's definitely wrong about the second part, I assume he only has the one child.

Talking of mobiles, mine has packed up, although I'm not sure if it’s the phone or the battery. I’m not happy because it’s only twenty-ish years old, so it’s a bit soon to get a new one.

L reckons I must have got it wet when I was playing water tennis last night because I didn’t follow the tried and trusted method of wrapping it in one of the dog’s poo bags. Not pretty but effective.

Deciding what new one to get would be traumatic. What may be even more traumatic is if I end up having to ask Daughter if I can borrow her old one, which is pink and has puppy teeth marks on it. L makes me promise, that should I borrow it, that I won't use it when I’m with her. I also hate to think what the ring tone is, but whatever it is I’m sure I’ll be changing it.

After going for a swim, which is my final swim session before this year's one and only triathlon on Sunday, I head off with the boys for our last Wednesday night training before the summer break. That's agility training for Doggo, barking training for MD.

Suddenly there’s a ‘beep’ from my pocket where my mobile phone is, as it springs back to life for a few minutes before dying again.

How many can the boy land? Well, at least four. Cav wins again.

No comments:

Post a Comment