Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Fining Up Nicely...

I think I've misjudged the weather a touch this morning but then I do love a spot of winter cycling, it’s just a shame it’s supposed to be July, or rather I would enjoy it if my overshoes hadn’t given up the ghost and I didn’t therefore have wet feet.

The weather has certainly gone downhill or uphill if like me you’re not partial to the heat. L likes the hot weather and describes it as 'like sitting next to a lovely warm radiator wherever you go', as well as revelling in the prospect of getting a tan. Of course I won’t tan because I’ve been permanently covered in a sheen of sweat. I only have to move a few feet and I start dripping. Oh to be cold blooded like L.

Apparently Nottingham’s famous alternative night club Rock City has applied to stage boxing and wrestling as well as concerts but the police have objected to it. Of course, some of us might be of the opinion that boxing and wrestling has always gone on there and I've still got some of the scars to prove it.

Time to cycle home and the weather’s fining up nicely. Not. It’s a shame we didn’t book a game of tennis for tonight... Yep, it’s still raining and it's thundering. I might consider taking back my criticism of the hot weather now.

It does ease off eventually and even stops as I cycle home and I get to take the dogs on the park.

Later I’m looking at some of the photos that the official photographer (no not my father) took of the Grand Prix race series. They do say that life holds no greater disappointment than seeing yourself as others see you, which is so perfectly captured in a photograph. Blimey I look old. Of course close friends, relatives and people you’re sleeping with have to deny this and say you look great but even L can’t pull that one off tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment