Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Standing Room Only

It’s getting very busy on the Red Arrow this morning, in fact it's getting this way every time I use it. They need more buses.

Nottingham Beach opens today; I’m so looking forward to walking the dogs on it. I have a look at it on the council’s webcam. It’s chaos, standing room only and it’s raining too, just like on a real English beach.

The city of Glasgow wants to be given EU Protected Designation of Origin status for Chicken Tikka Masala, as they claim this ‘delightful’ blend of tomato soup and yoghurt was originally conceived in one of their curry houses. Oh dear, is that really something they want to own up to?

The mind boggles, traditional Glaswegian Chicken Tikka Masala, yummy.

After work I meet up with some old school friends, we’re on a cheap night because my mate has some vouchers for Antibos restaurant. They make us wait and serve the real customers first, that’s fine, we refuse to buy more than one drink.

On the trip back there’s a couple of girls coughing and sneezing on the bus, they’re also very drunk and still swigging from a bottle of Lambrusco. I cover my mouth; it could be the wine flu.

I get off the bus to be met by L and the dogs, well the dogs mainly because L is elbowed out of the way by the four legged ones. Eventually I battle my way past all the fur to be greeted by her too.

It’s a bad day for Bradley at Le Tour but it’s a sign of how well he’s doing that we see today’s seventh place as a bad day, he slips to seventh overall but will hope to pick up a few places again in tomorrow’s time trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment