Friday, January 23, 2009

On The Verge Of Disowning Me

It can be a bit difficult getting MD to walk in the mornings, he doesn't seem to like getting out of bed. L reckons this is because he takes after her side of the family. I think both dogs have quite a lot of her side of the family in them.

L runs in today and gets a good soaking, whilst I take the nice dry bus. I plan to run later. She reckons that when she runs, no one tries to run her over, unlike when she's on her bike. She's obviously not running in the right places, when I ran home last night through Sandiacre and Stapleford, I had about four attempts on my life. Drivers were continually coming at me from side roads/driveways etc, without a glance obviously.

After work, I run to my parents' house, from where I'll go off to the match. I'm hobbling a bit with a tight calf but I'm determined to run it off.

I think L is a bit surprised and also on the verge of disowning me for so embracing my ipod 'gadget' that tells me how far I've ran. I can see her point. I have always regarded running as an almost equipment-free activity compared with the amount of gear that is involved in some sports, like cycling. All you used to need is a decent pair of shoes... but... isn't technology a wonderful thing?

Tonight though, I'm tempted to mess with technology and falsify my weight on the gadget, by say doubling it, to see what Lance makes of that, if he pops up again. Now that would look like a serious number of calories burnt and a world record 10km time for a 22 stone man. In end though, I don't, and in any case, Lance doesn't put in an appearance.

Tonight I've had Paula. Paula Radcliffe that is but she doesn't say much and doesn't stay around long enough for us to compare injuries.

It has to be said it's a cracking FA Cup tie between Derby and Forest, if only all games involving the Rams were like that. Sadly they're not. Unfortunately, it ends in a 1-1 draw, so we have to do it all again at the other end of Brian Clough Way in ten days time.

Post match, I meet up with L and her brother in the Smithfield. A good post match plan if ever there was one. I was sure I'd need a stiff drink. Thankfully, there's Bramble Stout to drown my sorrows in. Which will do nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment