Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Morning Commotion

When the alarms ring out in our house it's quite a performance. I have my radio alarm, L has her watch alarm which is set to seemingly constant repeat whilst Daughter has well... her radio alarm, her mobile phone alarm and a travel alarm clock all set, there might even be more than that. Son relies on luck and other people. So I'm sure that most of our street are awake by 6.30, apart from Son... and MD who likes to sleep in before a hard days hellrazing.

As the commotion kicks in this morning, L tells me she's quite surprised to wake up at all. She's been feeling a bit under the weather but she kept that to herself, I would have definitely snogged her a bit harder last night had I known, germs or not.

After the surprise of being alive, things seems to keep getting better for her and when she got to work, someone had left a chocolate bar on her desk. Naturally I assumed this was meant for me and that she would be bringing it home later intact but apparently not, she's eaten it. Which she'll regret later. I could have saved her from all that.

Today we try out a new lunch venue, where all meals are usually an expensive, for lunch, £9.95 but as a credit crunch special it's BOGOF, so not a bad deal. The sausages and mash was huge and took some dealing with but I coped. The beer wasn't great though, Bombardier, Pedigree or Deuchars. True they had XXXB but I didn't want to nod off at my desk.

Squash isn't worth mentioning but this is. My opponent makes wine and needs 200 bottles for his latest project. I'm not sure if wine making on such a scale makes him a professional vintner or not. Anyhow, he wants me to save all my old wine bottles for him. No problem. Except that, he only wants proper wine bottles, the ones that take corks. Until recently only your £3 a bottle stuff had screw tops but now corked bottles are becoming an endangered species. The other night we opened one of my old favourites, a South African Pinotage and now they're doing that in a screw top. What's the world coming to? Must be Gordon Brown's fault, everything else is.

Back home for Macaroni cheese and red wine, which is a bit low tech but very nice all the same and hopefully it'll give me some cracking dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment