Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No Pressure

I suppose it's a compliment but The View have pinched my review of their gig. It's been edited but at least they did credit it to me and put up a link.

Mid morning, the bike shop call. Seems I'm getting that new bike I've been longing for after all. Only problem is it's going to look like my old one. The 6,700 miles (I've kept count) that I have done on my bike have taken their toll and I've worn both the wheels out. So two new wheels, new brake callipers (too much road salt) and yet another new cassette are required. Expensive but still a lot cheaper than actually buying a new bike.

Daughter looks well creased at the moment, a heavy workload at school among other things. She's got an interview for college this afternoon, so I hope she doesn't nod off in it. It wouldn't really give the best impression. Then this evening we have her parents evening, although she's not required for that, because we wouldn't be able to talk about all her bad points if she was there. Of course, she doesn't really have any bad points...

L bikes to parents evening and apologies to me for being all scruffy. Not a problem, I reckon she does scruffy pretty well. It all goes well. I reckon Daughter has been round all the teachers slipping everyone a backhander because they're nearly all full of praise for her. So it's well worth going but as a consequence, I miss my swim. Of course, L can't resist telling me that she did another 40 lengths this morning. She's trying to outdo me and succeeding.

So on to tonight's Crufts team training, where it's confirmed that Doggo and I will run first. We tried different permutations but bearing in mind the hate/hate relationships between some of the dogs, the sequence with us first worked best. So if we cock it up, then it's all over for the rest of the team, before they even start. No pressure then.

I must confess to a naughty bedtime whisky tonight. No my fault, it was medicinal for L's cold. I'm fine but no one likes to drink alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment