Monday, January 19, 2009

Former Favourite Haunts

We've decided to try to take the dogs for a morning run on a Monday, partly to vary their routine for them. Of course, it will also do us good. Naturally, this morning dawns wet, so we skip the pond, which will be a quagmire and stay on the roads. There isn't really anywhere more exciting to take them. Exciting, otherwise known as Wollaton Park, is locked in the mornings.

The morning run, on top of last nights bashing that the treadmill gave me, means I'm close to nodding off on the way to work. Thankfully, it's nose to bumper traffic all the way, so it wouldn't have been disastrous had I done so, just embarrassing holding the queue up while I snooze.

L keeps trying to talk Son into doing some exercise, which is a bit of an unheard of concept for teenage boys. It was even in my day, unless you played football. She keeps trying to get him to the gym, which I reckon is an unheard of concept for men in general. There’s only two reason guys go to the gym, either their Doctor’s told them to or they’re trying to pull one of the customers/staff or possibly I suppose, if they've been silly enough to enter another duathlon, like I have.

One of our favourite haunts has become a victim of the credit crunch; Scruffys has closed. I have little sympathy for the Derby Road one after its shocking pink makeover and the removal of dark Leffe took away all of the reasons to go there. We did instead occasionally visit the Stoney Street one, which was still excellent, non-pink and always busy but just the wrong side of town for us.

Hopefully, someone will buy the Derby Road one and scruff it down again. Although it'll take something to wrestle back the trade it has lost to the Ropewalk.

I take both of the dogs to class tonight because L is out on the pull in Derby, black tights and all. After class, I head over to pick her up and take her home, before anyone else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment